Crossword Forge: User Testimonials
We use crossword puzzles in the Head First series as exercises to
help reinforce the concepts learned in each chapter. Without
Crossword Forge we'd have to create them all by hand. There are
usually 10-12 crosswords in each Head First book, so this program
saves us countless hours of work. Not only that, but it's fun to
use, and works really well. Thank you!
Elisabeth Freeman -- Co-director and co-author of O'Reilly Books' Head First Series.
I just downloaded and then paid for V7 of CF. Even before the licence key arrived, I had it solve my cryptic10 puzzle and it did it in 5 seconds flat. What did you do to make this possible?
John Bates -- Professional Crossword Maker (JB Puzzles)
I have been using this application for MANY years, and love its simplicity and custom features. It is so easy to make great-looking and comprehensive puzzles. The ability to customize the puzzles is stunning. It has been incredibly useful for making review materials. I've tried several other puzzle-making software apps, but none come close to Crossword Forge. The developer keeps up with updates and the customer support is second to none! I received responses within minutes, and the issues were taken care of immediately. It can't get any better than that! If you want the best puzzle creation software, just click "buy"!
John Carolan -- High School Spanish Teacher
I've used Crossword Forge for many years now, found it an excellent product when I first bought it, and have never had to change that opinion. When I've needed support, I've had it promptly, and with personal attention. It has been my pleasure to recommend Crossword Forge to my teacher friends throughout the years, and I sincerely hope that you have profited as a result. I truly wish that all software companies were as easy to deal with as you are--and had products of similar worth! ... Unlike less sophisticated products, Crossword Forge enabled me to create puzzles that were entertaining and instructive, all at once--and at a level that young adults did not feel patronized them.
Robin Carson -- Crossword Forge User (Instructor of Latin and English Literature)
- I recently purchased this as the second version I have had and I find your products outstanding! I teach Japanese and German and am so glad I found your programme! I use it constantly to revise vocabulary and find it to be a fabulous literacy aid.
Samantha Combes -- Crossword Forge User (Japanese and German Instructor, Balgowlah, Australia)
I have had excellent experiences using this product and am very pleased with all the improvements you have made on it over the years. My students really love doing the crosswords as a way to reinforce their vocabulary. The web version is a real hit and many say they love the "cool animation" it does when they have solved the whole thing correctly. We are talking college students here, so I'd say that is high praise. If it motivates them to work on their German, I am happy.
Bradley Holtman -- Crossword Forge User
I bought Crossword Forge for the Mac yesterday and used it easily and successfully for a publication deadline. The process went flawlessly, from getting my license code via e-mail within minutes, to output from the app for my project. Thanks for your great product and customer service.
Amethel Parel-Sewell -- Crossword Forge User (Editor/Creative Director)
I just wanted to thank you again for a terrific and easy-to-use product. My students raved about what a great studying tool crosswords and word search puzzles are. Grades jumped up significantly, immediately after I started to use them, this past spring semester. I will continue to use them throughout my career.
Bob Allen -- Crossword Forge User (Professor of Biology, Santa Ana College, CA)
I am a volunteer for my county's Adult Literacy program and my students just LOVE to do word searches! Many students in the program have learned to sight read, so teaching them to read phonetically, as you and I learned as children, can be quite challenging. Your program lets me build puzzles that teach the letters of a word, and has helped them move from sight reading greatly. I have always thought that anything that gets my students reading is a good thing, but your program makes it fun for them, too, and you must understand that they feel a great deal of pressure and embarrassment; I don't have a student under the age of 40. So, by turning reading into a game like your program allows, I have made tremendous progress. It's really lightened the mood in our class. Thanks for that. They yell at me now when I don't have a new puzzle for them!
Trish Greiner -- Crossword Forge User (Tutor for the Cherokee County Literacy Association)
- Wow! What a great program. Thank you for all of the time you spend
perfecting and improving this program. At first I thought the
program was a little pricey, but the old adage, "You get what you pay
for" seems very appropriate... this program was easily worth the
money, and the new Web export seals the deal. Well done.
Robert Truax -- "One Happy Crossword Forge User"
- Congratulations on an outstanding program! I teach 3rd grade and I use
your program extensively. I have a printer in my room and I sometimes
make or print a puzzle right in the middle of class for my early
finishers! I've recommended this program to other teachers in my district.
Everyone who sees the printouts of the puzzles on the bulletin boards
is impressed. I think that it helps with vocabulary development and
Peter Wise -- Crossword Forge User (Teacher & Tech Coordinator LAUSD)
- I'm so happy that I purchased your product. I never dreamed that you would keep in touch as much as you do. The upgrades don't hurt any either! Surely you all must be some of the nicest people in the world.
Anthony Duron -- Crossword Forge User
- You are doing a marvellous job. I'm thinking of buying another license just to give you some credit.
Conny Bergstrom -- Crossword Forge User
- What a great product, thank you very much.
Graham Brunskill -- Crossword Forge User
- I love your software because I am a French teacher and I can use it in class. Bravo for one of the best softwares I have seen in a long time!
Francine Shirvani -- Crossword Forge User
Reviews of Crossword Forge:
NOTE: "Crossword Forge" was formerly called "Crosswordz"
- "Every once in a while, you come across a program that simply makes you smile. Crosswordz OS X is one such program. Simply and beautifully executed, the program does exactly what its name implies. It creates crossword puzzles; as a bonus, it also creates word find puzzles." New Jersey Mac Users Group
- Crosswordz (earlier name for Crossword Forge) received a 5 out of 5 rating and Editors pick from BrotherSoft.com. "BrotherSoft Review Staff give this product a Pick Award because it is easy to use, it has a professional-looking interface, it is excellent compared to other programs in this section and so on." Brother Soft
- "Une belle réalisation" says François Cuneo of Cuk.ch (Review in original French) (English)
- Crossword Forge received an excellent rating on FindMySoft.com
- Crossword Forge received "5 stars" award on www.SoftSoft.ru.
Crossword Forge received a 5 out of 5 rating from New Free Downloads.
Crossword Forge received a 5 out of 5 rating from Download Ready.
Crossword Forge received a 5 out of 5 rating from Download Software 4 Free.
Crossword Forge received a 4 out of 5 rating from Download Pipe.
Crossword Forge is listed on Free Downloads Place.
Crossword Forge received 5 out of 5 stars from Fiber Download
Crossword Forge received 5 out of 5 stars from NewFreeDownloads.com
Crossword Forge was tested by Download3k.com with 4 of the best antivirus engines available: Avira, Kaspersky, NOD32, Bitdefender. The report shows that Crossword Forge is completely free from any form of viruses, spyware, adware, etc.